In light of our ongoing commitments towards diversity and inclusion, we are pleased to be progressing towards Disability Confident Leader status. Whilst this has always been a priority at ACS, we recognise that there is always progress to be made. For us, the next step was to complete the validation process and have our commitments confirmed via external assessors.
The Disability Confident status demonstrates that ACS are and continue to be an inclusive employer.
The assessment considered our company culture and recruitment process. As a Disability Confident Employer we have committed to continue:
- Providing a fully inclusive and accessible recruitment process.
- Actively looking to attract and recruit people living with a disability.
- Offering an interview to those living with a disability who meet the minimum criteria for the job.
- Making reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process to ensure those with a disability have the best opportunity to demonstrate that they can do the job.
- Encouraging our suppliers and partners to be Disability Confident.
- Ensuring employees have sufficient disability equality awareness training.
- Promoting a culture of being Disability Confident.
- Supporting employees to manage their disabilities or health conditions.
- Ensuring there are no barriers to the development and progression for all.
- Ensuring managers are aware of how they can support staff who are sick or absent from work.
- To value and listen to feedback from employees living with a disability.
- Reviewing this Disability Confident Employer self-assessment regularly.
For more information on gaining this status for your business, you can visit: https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/disability-confident-campaign
– Anthony Burns, COO